Inclement Video is a project designed to keep myself perpetually in the process of image gathering. I will try to write something about each video but can't promise this entirely.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

6.5.11 Visions of a Fleeting Earth

Though I forgot to post the picture, I'd rolled a three for this week. This video is about comfort, ambience and disconnect. So much of our environment is or is becoming toxic. I'd recently read an article about a swarm of jellyfish overtaking a beach, and while this by no means is an indication of anything, it got me thinking about livable environments. The more toxic an environment, the more dangerous the living life. Gotta be tough to live in an tough environment. Toxic environments don't stop life, they stop gentle life. I know humans would like to think that we have the power to end all things, but in reality we have just enough power to end our own most violent and toughest of selves. Other forms of life, and the caustic forms they may be, would simply continue in that much more harsh a world. I, for one, can't understand why anyone would want that, and yet we grow our planet more toxic still. Comfortable with the ambience of our disconnect.

No comments:

Post a Comment