Inclement Video is a project designed to keep myself perpetually in the process of image gathering. I will try to write something about each video but can't promise this entirely.

Friday, August 6, 2010

7.28.10 Light + Paper


One of the reasons I really love the Harinezumi camera is its ability to get very close to objects. With the macro focus, I can very easily move around in places and view things that I normally wouldn't have access to with a regular camera. While playing around with where I could shoot with this thing I stumbled across what I'd noticed the night before while shooting the flower. In certain light situations I'll get vertical lines across the screen. I'm imagining it has something to do with cycles per second of the light somehow locking into the cameras frame rate at a given time (this camera seems to adjust it's frame rate based off of what its light availability is which is probably what makes it look so great). Nevertheless it yielded some interesting results near this florescent light. The video is completely as it was shot, with exception to the sound that was added later. No effects, just the camera doing what it does.

Also, the sound in this video is out of this world. If you haven't checked out Communication Vault, you should. She does some really excellent sound work  http://www.myspace.com/communicationvault

No comments:

Post a Comment