Inclement Video is a project designed to keep myself perpetually in the process of image gathering. I will try to write something about each video but can't promise this entirely.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

8.1.10 Light + Sound



I prefer to shoot in areas where I'll be alone. Nothing makes me more nervous than trying to shoot something in a crowded area where people can watch. I'm not sure why exactly, for the most part when I have shot in public spaces most people are nice and if anything, genuinely interested in whatever I'm shooting.  Curious people ask questions which isn't really a big deal but I think it is an issue of focus for me. Not that the people interested are distracting but just knowing that other people are noticing puts me on edge and keeps me from focusing on whatever it is I'm shooting. I like to be alone with the image, it helps me to adapt to its constant changing. This piece has a lot to do with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment